Monday, April 5, 2010

La Lumiere

Museum visitors at the Musée d'Orsay

It seems every time I find myself in Paris there is a complication with the Musée d'Orsay. Last time Van Gogh's Room at Arles was in Japan, now the museum is under major renovation, which won't be finished until 2011. Still, the museum remains one of my favorite places of Paris: it houses my favorite art and the architecture is quite unique, a must see if you're ever in the city.

I first took a version of this photo when I was in Paris a few years ago. I then saw a similar photo in The Week in Pictures on msnbc.com from the Apple store here. I thought to myself, "damn! I took that already! I could've been featured!" Looking back on that experience made me realize that I am on my way; instead of second guessing myself, like I had all last semester, I've accepted my eye and the images that it produces. I am proud of myself, I see a visual future.

No comments:

Post a Comment