Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Éire

 Shadow of the Ferris wheel at Dublin's St. Patty's carnival.

I am way backed up in posting photos, we were in Ireland over a month ago.

Going to Dublin was top on my list of cities to visit. I admit I have daydreamed a few times of finding my Irish husband...not to worry, Dad, that didn't happen. But I will be back, maybe more successful next time.




The Irish were amazing. The first day we did the hop-on-hop-off bus tour, a good deal for basically a personal taxi service around the city for 24 hours. We hit up the Guinness Factory, a surprisingly well done museum experience, a definite must if you ever find yourself in Dublin. Have your free pint in the Gravity Bar: an amazing view with good friends and fresh Guinness, what could be better? After Guinness we of course went to the Jameson Distillery, I'm pretty sure our tour guide was drunk.

We found ourselves at the Brazen Head, off the beaten path and evidently Dublin's oldest pub. The crowd was how anyone would imagine an Irish bar, the pints were free flowing and the men singing old Irish pub songs.


A trip to Dublin wouldn't be complete without a day trip to Howth, a small beach town just outside of the city. It is easily accessible by the DART (Dublin's version of BART!), and well worth it.

I'm tired of words, now for photos:




 A pint of Guinness at the Gravity Bar


Interior of the Gravity Bar


Cliffs of Howth



Howth




 

No comments:

Post a Comment