Friday, May 11, 2012

Oops...I did it again

Somewhere off of the Mirror Lake Byway

It's been a while. Oops, got caught up in life and forgot to write about it. It's about mid May now and I'm writing this from Los Angeles; I leave tomorrow for Yellowstone, but more on that later. 

The last month and a half of the ski season was brutal and wonderful all at the same time. Spring Break was pure madness, a different region of the country came each week (it made for some interesting new stereotypes). March actually started out promising with a big storm in the beginning of the month. Sadly, my last true powder day was during that first week. After the storm Park City decided it was summer and the weather turned hot. We did get some new snow but it would quickly melt and freeze with these end-of-days conditions. The slush was interesting to ski on and practically impossible to teach on. But hey, the kids are 6, what do they know?


Deer Valley closed on April 15, I was sad to say goodbye but weather considering, it was time to move on. In other news, I'm pretty set on going back for the 2013 season because I'd actually like to experience a famed Utah winter. Who knew I liked to ski so much? I also got certified so I figure I might as well make use of it. So I packed my bags and headed West to Zion National Park and then Las Vegas with Caitlin and Kayla, but I'll save that for another post (hopefully not in another 2 months). 

So, Yellowstone, my next destination. I will not be working a glamorous job like being a ski instructor, but rather in the restaurant at Grant as a busser. I know, I'm really putting that UC Berkeley History of Art Degree to some use. But I figure now is the time to do stuff like this, life's an adventure and I don't want to be chained to some desk making sales calls. 

Hopefully soon I'll have some more photos up, that is if I'm not eaten by a bear first.

No comments:

Post a Comment