Thursday, February 3, 2011

Flashing Lights

Cal and Oregon fumble for possession

New semester, 2 new jobs: interning at SFGate.com and Goldenbearsports.com. Both unpaid, but invaluable in experience.

My first GBS shoot was the Men’s Hoops game last Saturday. I was excited and nervous, this was bigger than The Daily Cal, hopefully the beginning of something good. I got to walk the catwalk and see the strobes (previously a nuisance, but now a great assistance) as well as the awesome view over Edwards Stadium. Gotta love all the roof perks of photojournalism. Kelley introduced me to the rest of the photojournalism gang, I hope to call them colleagues one day (soon!).


Shooting with the strobes was both fun and frustrating. They were great when they worked and fired at the optimal moment; however, I found them limiting (recycling time’s a bitch) when compared to my usual continuous shooting mode habits. Practice must make perfect and I look forward to more time in Haas.

Also, I really just want to get these up, I promise next time better captions:










No comments:

Post a Comment