Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day of Decadence

View of the main château complex of Versailles from the top of the gardens

While I didn't do much traveling in France, I would never forgive myself if I never made it to Versailles during my semester in Paris. Third time's the charm right?

And there's no denying the sheer luxury and decadence of Versailles, it's really not my style. It's just...so much...of everything. My favorite part of the whole place were the gardens, they are breathtaking (even in the gloom) and there is more room to move. Inside the palace it's quite crowded with tourists, you don't get a decent look at the Hall of Mirrors (although I thought they would be a lot more mirror-y, if that makes sense). 



 Fountain of Apollo

People picnic-ing on the grounds

Thatched roof of one of Marie Antoinette's cottages

No comments:

Post a Comment