Saturday, September 25, 2010

Home Sweet AEPP

Home for the past 4 months, AEPP: 4 rue Titon, in the 11th arrondissement

All things must come to an end, and sure enough, so too did my semester abroad. Back-logging this blog has made me even more nostalgic for my time in Paris, and it's been exacerbated by my art history class which focuses completely on the city during the turn of the 20th century. I told myself I would not be sad when Paris was over, I've been there, done that, just take a look at my livejournal from high school (but please don't, it's excruciatingly embarrassing). However, I find myself back in Berkeley, having a great time, yet yearning for Faidherbe-Chaligny, the smell of fresh baguettes, and the Parisian sky. I'm sure I'll continue this oh-so-emo tangent another day, but to continue with my update...

The last Wednesday we had American night in AEPP. It was a fabulous last blow out: burgers and mac n cheese, beer and drinking games, and of course, the usual debauchery that comes from any party night in AEPP. The highlight had to be the epic game of flip cup. Teaching the Europeans how to play was hilarious, you've got to love cross-cultural confusion.

Post AEPP euphoria, the rest of the week was rather meloncholy. It was awful to watch one by one as all of our friends boarded taxis and set off for America. Jillian, Chaya, and I were in it for the long haul, and weren't leaving until Sunday morning. So we got to experience AEPP deserted and depressing. Walking through the kitchen was miserable, no Candace "crusting" in a corner, no shenanigans in the hallways; AEPP took a turn for the serious with all of the Americans out of the picture.

And while I was excited to finally be traveling to Greece (it along with Ireland were top two on my list), there will never be anything as perfect as the bliss that was Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment