Monday, June 27, 2011

I-5 Southbound [01]

Construction on the 5 southbound

Coming from Los Angeles and going to school in Berkeley, highway 5 has been a familiar road these past four years. Each time I've done it (countless instances), I have wanted to photograph it. I decided this summer I would make it my project. Last Wednesday I made the trip down for my sisters' 8th grade graduation. It was my first time driving down since spring break, a perfect opportunity for the first of many shoots I'm sure I'll make this summer. 

This first shoot taught me a few things. One, I may switch my medium to using my Holga for a more interesting effect. Two, I need to set better parameters, I have now defined them as: the 5 from it's origination off of the 580 to the Grapevine (it would be just plain stupid to try and photograph the Grapevine). Three, shooting on the side of a highways is dangerous, I must proceed with caution.



Adding to my many multitasking abilities

Symmetry, ooh la la


Due to lack of sleep and frustrating traffic on my trip back up, I did not stop for photos. I'll be back to LA next week so more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment