Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Beam me up

Inside of the Advanced Light Source at Lawrence Lab in Berkeley

I was hanging around the office on a random Monday afternoon when Evan (the assistant photo editor) nervously asked if I was free. I was curious about the assignment, and when I learned it was a guided tour through Lawrence Lab (the scheduled photographer was sick and had to give it up last minute), I jumped at the chance.


During my tenure as photo editor I tried getting lab photos for various stories. However, without the coordinated help of news, it was nearly impossible, I never succeeded. So I knew what a big deal it was that the lab was giving us access, and to shoot nonetheless! Most of the science chat went over my head, but it was cool to be inside of the lab and see some of the goings-on there. Now whenever the Daily Cal needs a lab photo, mine will be on file for them to choose.

 Advanced Light Source

 Advanced Light Source

Floor 4 of the Molecular Foundry, a communal lab space

No comments:

Post a Comment