Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing - Reminiscing

A worker cleans the fountains in the courtyard of the Louvre
 
 
As I write these posts, months after the fact, I grow nostalgic for the semester I spent in Paris. What a dream, what a non reality, what an escape. It was truly the time of my life, never will I get to live in my favorite city in the world, completely free to do as I pleased, and not on my dollar (thanks again Dad!). I had no responsibilty, my biggest stress came from the choice of what to eat for lunch that day or where to travel to that weekend. I got to be a different person than I am normally at home, it was a temporary fresh start.

However, given all that I have done since being abroad, I can now look fondly on the experience without going into depression mode. Abroad did me great things. I approach life a little differently; I even bought a guide book for Northern California in hopes of having more adventures when in Berkeley. I know what makes me happy and I'm focusing on how to achieve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment