Sunday, November 7, 2010

We'll Always Have Paris

Tourists in Paris

The final day had come. June 5 was my last abroad, in no time at all I would be boarding my flight back home - back to reality and out of la la land.



My last day was spent doing some last minute rearranging; I had amassed a whole lot of stuff (I even had to buy that extra suitcase), including some Turkish tea cups and many pairs of black boots. I had lunch at Cafe Blanc again with Inigo for my final beef tartare (how I miss those). Luckily for my dad, my funds had pretty much run out and due to some poor bank timing, I did not have enough to do some final shopping. I kind of regret this situation, but it wasn't the end of the world, I'm still here. I did, however, have enough for some tacky souvenirs. Before heading back to AEPP to change for the night I nabbed a last crepe with banana and nutella, so necessary and so wonderful.

Jillian, her sister, and I rushed to make the first Eiffel Tower show of the night. We brought along my nice bottle of white wine I bought with Micaela and never opened. It was the perfect final activity, saying goodbye to Paris while watching the lights of its most famed monutment, wine in hand. We ate our final meal at Bofinger, a brasserie in the Bastille famed for its fish. What a meal.

Some last minute packing back at AEPP and then my final night's sleep in AEPP. We said our goodbyes to Vinz, Inigo, and Gabriel, then got in the cab and headed for the airport. And just like that, in one car ride, I was no longer Parisian, I was just another American on their way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment