Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Giant Win

 A little Giants fan wearing a Wilson beard

Unless you live under a rock, you probably know that the SF Giants won the 2010 World Series against the Texas Rangers. Now I love baseball, there really isn't anything more American than being at a game. However, being a student and therefore on a budget, I could not afford to scalp tickets in the city. So my friends and I opted to spend the World Series at Raleigh's (while working on our tap cards of course). That Monday night win was electric, only trumped by the Wednesday afternoon parade in the city.

 Giants fans try and get photos of the parade passing by on Market Street

Since I did not arrive the night before and camp out along the parade route, I was stuck behind a wall of people along Market Street. However, I resolved that I was probably not going to get any great shots of the parade, I was excited to just be in the atmosphere. 

Orange, black, and white were everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment