Tuesday, November 23, 2010

No Vegas

 Shane Vereen with the ball

As a senior staff photographer of The Daily Cal, I had the privilege of shooting an away football game. I opted for the first one in Reno (if only I had been 21 at the time...). I basically had a free vacation courtesy of Cal Athletics. It was definitely an experience to fly charter with the football team, I wish I could fly Cal Athletics all of the time. We stayed at The Grand Sierra, a huge resort - I sunbathed by the pool before heading to the field on Friday. 

The game itself was disappointing, the first of many losses for Cal this season. I got some decent shots, although other photographers also admitted their frustrations with their lack of capturing anything great. The benefit of shooting a Friday away game? I still had the whole weekend ahead of my when I landed back in Berkeley.



 Both Cal and UNR scramble for the ball

 UNR student section

People file into their seats

No comments:

Post a Comment