Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chopping Trees

 Shane Vereen and Mike Mohammed chopping trees in the Redwood Grove of the Botanical Gardens

Okay, so Vereen and Mohammed didn't actually chop down any trees. But it makes for an awesome photo. 

Jessie and I co-edited the Big Game Gameday Issue. We were feeling nostalgic for our editorship overlap from last fall and wanted to make this issue the best yet. Being the idealist and dreamer that I am, I thought it would be cool to get the players into the redwood forest behind Memorial Stadium (get it, with Stanford's mascot?). I knew it was ambitious, but I propsed the idea to Kyle, the football media relations guy, and he gave me the green light. After being laughed at by the sports desk for my idea, I quietly relished in my victory, this was going to be epic.

And although we lost both the exacto knife and the axe this year, our Gameday issue compared to Stanford's doesn't even stand a chance.


 Mike Mohammed fakes an interception

Shane Vereen is complacent with the "axe"

No comments:

Post a Comment