Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fin

Ladder shot of D4, the end result

This season may not have unearthed treasures like the Alexander Gem or the Mask Mosaic, but it was productive nonetheless. In D4 we removed all of the Roman Walls, enabling the 2011 season to begin work on the Hellenistic layer beneath. 
As staff, I stayed at Kfar Galim for an extra couple of days to help wrap up last minute work. For me this was just editing photos and making sure they were all saved properly. For the directors and supervisors it was writing last paperwork and making sure logs were all properly filed. 

My last day and a half was spent in Tel Aviv. I checked into a small hotel near the beach, much needed after living at Kfar Galim for 6 weeks. I got to do some last minute tanning, shopping, and of course, a last iced coffee (they don't make them the way we're used to in America, how I miss them). 

It was then back to Los Angeles for 3 days before heading back up to Berkeley.

No comments:

Post a Comment